Banned and Attacked for Questioning a “Gay Loonie”

Ever since we launched our first “Gay Loonie” petition, we have received an unprecedented level of opposition from the liberal left. After our peaceful protest in front of the Royal Canadian Mint in Ottawa on April 12th, this opposition has only increased.

Here is just a sampling of the vile and hate-filled comments we have been receiving on a daily basis:

“A grossly anti-Canadian group lacking even a modicum of rational thought. Enjoy the new loonies.” – Jesse James.
“This organization promotes disinformation and the propagation of uninformed rhetoric based on discrimination, fear and hatred. This page should be closed down.” – Jean-Philippe Gavina.
“Hateful Backward thinking group of people.” – Alan R. Warren.
“Nice to see hate-spreading bigots are still alive and well! People like Mr. Cooke and the rest of the bigots spewing their hate are a black mark on Canada.” – Cynical Guy.
“Many Canadians are upset?…Well David, if that’s true, (which it most certainly IS NOT), those PARTICULAR HOMOPHOBIC ASSHOLES should go F**K THEMSELVES doncha think?… HOPEFULLY you are the worst of the worst… People like you are a putrid blight on our Country’s egalitarian reputation… you vile, disgusting POS.” – Mark Marsh.

These leftists call us “haters” and “bigots”, but based on their own words, I think it is obvious who the real haters and bigots are!
In addition to these vulgar and vicious comments, we have now been subjected to the PC Police at Facebook. Just recently, our Facebook post unveiling the new design of our one dollar coin was banned. Facebook has deemed it “hate speech” and removed it from their site. Here is our post and what they said:

Apparently, it is hateful to critique a pro-LGBT dollar coin, but it is NOT hateful to shut down Canadian Christians for sharing their perspective.

I have even received a violent personal threat, concerning which I had to contact the police and file a report.

As we are mocked and attacked more and more, here at CitizenGO Canada, I am reminded of the words of our Lord Jesus: “Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you.”

I am also reminded of the attacks our brothers and sisters face all around the world: the bombings of churches in Sri Lanka killing and injuring hundreds of Christians, the plight of Asia Bibi in Pakistan, the capture of Leah Sharibu in Nigeria, the growing persecution of the church in China…

I realize that the opposition we face here in Canada is just a drop in the bucket.

But what is our response to all this opposition? Do we hide in our churches? Do we run to the hills? Do we shut down and shut up? Or do we wake up and rise up? Do we step up our efforts to “speak the truth in love”?

I believe all of this opposition only proves we are on the right track. Because if we were having no impact our enemies on the left would simply leave us alone.

As George Orwell put it: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.”

And so, in response to all these attacks, I am asking you to do three things…

1. If you are a believer, please pray for us and our vital ministry.
2. Join us in speaking the truth in love with more boldness than ever. You can do that by signing our new petition and joining our “gay loonie” campaign.
3. Consider making a donation to support our efforts.

Thank you for your encouragement and support!

David Cooke
Executive Director for Canada
CitizenGO

11 responses to “Banned and Attacked for Questioning a “Gay Loonie””

1. Sharon Whitford says:

I will be refusing to use this coin on principle

2. Evelyn Wightman says:

I am not against homosexuality. What gays and lesbians do, behind closed doors, is their business. Please don’t shove something like this down our throats. It’s down right disgusting. Believe it or not, we the people of Canada can “THINK” for ourselves.

3. cody says:

I agree, it does sound like hate speech. It could have been worded much better. I shared the petition on Facebook anyway, because I am also in agreement that national symbols should not be used as propaganda and politicized, and this coin design goes too far. I expect to get a few unkind comments directed at me as well. As for the sticker, I would display it, but it uses the LGBT rainbow rather than the coin, which is not what this campaign is about, therefore I will not. I may make up my own with the coin design on it myself.

4. Melvin says:

Dont put that on our loonie. Put something on that is worthy of national respect.

5. Our Canadian coin should not have any suggested sexual content. Who decided this was of equal decision How did this even happen!!!?
    This gay loonie is a joke just like the government who allowed this. please show some respect to fellow Canadians.

• Colin Selbie says:

As a concerned Canadian citizen, I would like to say this to Mr. Trudeau and his supporters:
      Do Not try to force your homosexual permissiveness down My throat! God Himself has told us (the human race) quite plainly that He will not tolerate any of that behavior in His Kingdom!!!

6. Darlene says:

I agree with the LGBTQ Community but this Coin is pushing way to far I walk in all Gay Pride Parades + support them on Every Occasion but this is Turds way of Securing their Vote i wish the Community would wise up to the Game he is playing this Loonie is Ploring for more Division in this Country while If you want to Celebrate the Loonie go ahead just dont fall for this Divisive Rhetoric of this man He is only doing it while trying to secure our Votes, push back on the Liberal Agenda of having Canadians trying to divide each other for his Political Gain

7. JAMES ROSS III says:

There is no need to contaminate our money with everything that is queer all around us. Money is and has been a sacred means of prosperity and tool for barter. The kind good people of the world have to put up with enough nonsense from the unethical queers of the world. Havent the queers already caused enough damage in our schools, in our lifes, in our business and in our marriages?

8. JAMES ROSS III says:

NO MORE QUEERS TRYING TO INFLUENCE OUR SOCIETY!

9. JAMES ROSS III says:

10. Pierre Trudeau said the nation has no business in the bedroom. Justin Trudeau needs to know that bedroom business has no place in the nation. Leave the loonie as it is and stop wasting time on frivolities and wasting tax dollars.